Separate and differentiate the functions:-
|Separate policies for CQC compliance Vs admin and HR|
|CQC don't need to see your holidays policy|
|Simplifying staff policies saves their time and makes it easier to understand and retain knowledge|
|Differentiate Staff-side polices Vs Management-side policies|
|Make it easier to explain and understand what we are aiming for Vs how to do things|
Restructure your policies:-
- Common practice is to insert the name of a responsible person in each policy. DON'T DO THIS.
- Enter just the job title of the person e.g. "Fire Marshall"
- Then, create a Responsible Persons chart and pin it on every notice board
Now you don't have to edit your policies AND you have a central chart always accessible to staff.
- Review the policies
- Customise them ONLY where appropriate
- Ensure staff actually absorb and understand
- Test staff knowledge regularly
- Keep a record of staff training/reading of policies